The Super Eagles came from 2-0 down to beat Argentina 4-2 in Tuesday’s international friendly game in Krasnodar, Russia.
Ever Banega and Sergio Aguero were the scorers for Argentina who had the upper hand in the first half.
Young Deportivo La Coruna goalkeeper Francis Uzoho also made his debut for the Eagles.
The win is Nigeria’s second in eight meetings against Argentina who have five wins.
Argentina had the first chance in the fifth minute through Paulo Dybala but he was charged down by the Nigerian defence, preventing him from having a clean strike.
In the 21st minute, Angel Di Maria burst towards the Nigerian box but William Troost-Ekong made a timely block.
A minute later, SergioAguero should have opened the scoring but he was closed down.
Argentina’s pressure eventually paid off through Banega who curled in a superb free-kick after Akpeyi’s error. The Chippa United goalkeeper dropped the ball without pressure outside the Nigeria box and picked it up again still outside the box with Aguero bearing down on him, therefore giving away a needless free-kick in a dangerous area.
Akpeyi made up for his earlier error as he came out quickly to block a goal-bound shot following a breakaway by the Argentines, who were having the upper hand at that point.
In the 36th minute, Argentina doubled their lead after Aguero finished off a quick counter.
With just one minute left in the first half Iheanacho pulled a goal back for the Super Eagles with a brilliant free-kick which went over the Argentina wall.
The Eagles almost equalised in added time but Wilfred Ndidi’s low left-foot shot was well saved by the Argentine keeper Agustin Marchesin.
The Super Eagles were back on level terms in the 52nd minute as Iwobi hit a low shot into the bottom right corner off Iheanacho’s pass.
Two minutes later, Idowu made it 3-2 for the Eagles off another assist from Iheanacho.
In the 68th minute Argentina should have equalised but Enzo Perez’s header went just wide off target.
The Eagles went 4-2 up on 74 minutes through Iwobi for his second of the game off substitute Ahmed Musa’s pass as he nutmegged Javier Maschero before shooting past the prone Marchesin.
Ndidi should have extended the Eagles’ lead from a corner only to see his effort go wide.
Argentina won a free-kick in a good position but substitute goalkeeper Francis Uzoho held his attempt well.
Uzoho was called to action on 84 minutes as he leaped to palm a goal bound header over the bar.
With one minute left Argentina got a free-kick but Banega hit his effort way over the bar.
Final Score : NGN 4-2 ARG
Éver Banega 27′, Sergio Agüero 36′
Kelechi Iheanacho 44′, Brian Idowu 54′ Alex Iwobi 52′,73
- #BBNaija : Photos of Big Brother Naija finalists on their way to Nigeria as they depart South Africa
- #BBNaija: Miracle emerges as Winner of the 2018 Big Brother Naija Reality TV Show
- ‘I Will Rather Stay Single If Miracle Is The Only Option After Big Brother House’ – Nina tells Rico (Video)
- Two Lesbian Partners Delivered by Prophet T.B Joshua (Photos / Video)
- Mr. P, Peter Okoye of Psquare hangs out with Diddy, Cassie in Abu Dhabi (Photos / Video)
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- July 2014
- LYRICS : Reminisce – PONMILE on
- The lady who died alongside Ebony Reigns has been alleged to be her lesbian Partner on
- #BBNaija: Davido reacts to Tobi always begging Cee C in the house on
- ‘Should I pull that up?’ – Teenage girl shares seductive Photos, ask fans if they want her to pull up her Skirt (See Photos) on
- Wizkid’s baby mama gushes about their son’s photography skills with a photo he took her (See Photo) on