Sodienye Mbatumukeke and Excel Naabe, who were part of the 3-man gang that killed a Jumia delivery agent in Rivers State on March 25, 2017, remanded in custody by a Chief Magistrate’s Court in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
The suspects were arraigned on three count charge on Monday, before Chief Magistrate Amadi Amadi-Nna, according to charge no. PMC/697C/2017.
The charge read, “That you, Sodienye Mbatumukeke, on March 25, 2017, on Ada-Ede Street, Shell Location Mgbuoba, Port Harcourt, in the Port Harcourt Magisterial District, did
use a pestle to hit the head of one Eleje Chukwuma, and robbed him of one Infinix Note 3 handset valued at N67,000, one IM-10 desktop GSM phone dual SIM, valued at N9,500, and one Gionee M6 phone, valued at N105,000; all valued at N181,000.00, property of Jumia Online Shopping Company, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 1 (2) (a) of the Robbery and Firearms (Special Provision) Act Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.
“That you, Sodienye Mbatumukeke and Excel Divine Naabe, on the same date and place, in the aforementioned magisterial district, did conspire among yourselves to commit felony, to wit: murder, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 324 of the Criminal Code Cap 37 Vol. II Laws of Rivers State of Nigeria 1999.
“That you, Sodienye Mbatumukeke and Excel Divine Naabe, on the same date and place in the aforesaid magisterial district, did murder one Eleje Chukwuma, by hitting him on the head with a pestle and subsequently suffocated him by covering his head with a polythene bag, before tying him with a wire, which caused his death, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 319(1) of the Criminal Code Cap 37 Vol. II Laws of Rivers State of Nigeria 1999.”
Punch reports that the accused were arraigned by a prosceutor, Inspector Jonas Rufus, even as they (suspects) were without any defence counsel.
The third accused, Joy Eluwa, was not part of Monday’s arraignment in Port Harcourt.
However, when the case was mentioned in the court, the presiding magistrate, Amadi-Nna, stated that the court lacked jurisdiction to entertain the matter as a result of the gravity of the offence.
Explaining that he would send the case file to the Director of Public Prosecutions for advice, Amadi-Nna adjourned the matter indefinitely, adding that the suspects could seek bail at the state High Court.
- Nigerian rapper, Olamide goes out with his Fiancee and Son (See Photos)
- Meet the two Women Brazilian Iconic Footballer, Ronaldinho plans to Marry at the same time (See Photos)
- This Lovely Couple’s NYSC themed Pre Wedding Photos are so Beautiful
- 30-year old Man Sued by parents to Evacuate their house refuses to leave, Gives his Reasons (Full Details)
- Linda Ikeji replies Kemi Olunloyo who said her Pregnancy is Fake, shows off Baby Bump (See Photos)
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- July 2014
- “I regret Including my brother Peter in my solo Video ‘Bank Alert'” – Paul Okoye laments on
- Nollywood actor, Charles Okocha explains why he came up with the trending accolades video on
- ALBUM : Umu Obiligbo – UDO GA ADI (Full Album Download) on
- LYRICS : Davido Ft Rae Sremmurd & Young Thug – PERE on
- Exclusive Pictures from the church Wedding ceremony of Actor Daniel K. Daniel and his beautiful wife, Tina (See Photos) on